Position: Analyzer Supervisor V.01
- Do supervising work for maintenance activities of analyzer equipment in refinery to meet the maintenance plan of Maintenance Division in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Delivers required outcomes by coordinating activities of subcontractors and suppliers and acting as a primary point of contact for them while working within an established contract management plan.
Improvement / Innovation
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, and uses established change management programs to address them.
Policies and Procedures Development
- Develop, test, and maintain procedures and guidelines to support the organization in the implementation of, and compliance with, internal policies and/or external regulations.
- Carries out a range of engineering activities. Uses established systems to analyze customer needs and define and deliver solution.
- Works within an established project management plan to achieve specific goals.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, accepts responsibility for own work, both successes and failures. Handles fair share and does not make excuses for problems. Usually meets commitments to others.
Plans and aligns
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, outlines clear plans that put actions in a logical sequence; conveys some time frames. Aligns own work with relevant workgroups. Takes some steps to reduce bottlenecks and speed up the work.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, quickly determines the most critical data and focuses analysis there; recognizes even subtle symptoms that indicate problems; probes deeply for root causes; uses systematic problem-solving methods. well.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, listens attentively and takes an interest. Keeps others well informed; conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally when speaking or writing.
Optimizes work processes
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, pursues, explores, and develops ways to ensure own work is as effective as possible within all relevant processes. Shares an analysis of process problems with stakeholders; discusses how to resolve the issue.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, finds many ways to add value to the team; probes to draw out richer input from others; is a valued resource who goes out of the way to help others.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on implementing engineering designs, evaluating outcomes and then making improvements as needed.
- Supports business processes without supervision by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed.
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS; Microsoft Office.
- Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies.
- Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
- Identifies, assesses, prioritizes and manages risks in a production process without supervision and provides technical guidance when required.
Planning and Organizing
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
Policy and procedures
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
Data Collection and analysis
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
Health and Safety
- Manages and applies safe systems of work without supervision and provides technical guidance when required.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to manage projects and/or programs within desired cost, time and quality parameters.
Policy and Regulation
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on interpreting and applying knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
- Negotiates without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on how to help the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Supervises the construction of assigned properties according to instructions with guidance, but not constant supervision
Costing and Budgeting
- Works under guidance (but not constant supervision) to perform costing, budgeting and finance tasks.
- Minimum TOEIC - 450 or Equivalent. Able to communicate well in English with coworkers, supervisors and other external partners in both speaking and writing; can handle effectively fairly complex business situations in English.
- General Education
- University (Instrumentation, Automation degrees or equivalent)
- General Experience: Experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised (3 years to 5 years)
- Managerial Experience: Limited (less than 3 months)
- Responsible for review and approve for WO risk assessment and WO method statement
- Supervise execution work at site for analyzer equipment – assurance supervision
- Responsible for execution – physical punching according procedure
- Responsible for execution - efficiency
- Responsible for execution – quality check
- Responsible for technical acceptance of the job (job done according company, international standards, in proper quality)
- Support planner to define method of repair and budgeting
- Responsible for spare parts – QA/QC of incoming material – technical standard specification
- Develop maintenance procedure, maintenance work step, maintenance check sheet for analyzer equipment.
- Provides technical support and expertise in an effort to maintain reliable analyzer ( On-Line Analyzers including models such as: Gas Chromatograph, Distillation, Boiling Points, RVP, NIR Oxygen, Sulfur, Hydrosulfite, CEMS, AAQMS, Laser, IR, UV/VIS, Oil in Water, Hydrocarbon, Moisture, Dew Point, TOC/COD, Silica, Phosphate, pH, Conductivity, Dust analyzers. etc.) for the refinery.
- Supports field process analyzer technology, covers all aspects from conceptual design, through detailed engineering, day-to-day maintenance activities, long-term performance monitoring, field troubleshooting, and analyzer engineer/maintenance technician training.
- Identifies areas where analyzer can improve plant operation and profitability
- Monitors and evaluates analyzer for anomalies and deficiencies, and makes recommendations to repair or upgrade as needed.
- Selects, coordinates and supervises maintenance contractors for additional support activities when required.
- Supports critical assessments of the plant's analyzer.
- Suggests spare parts for analyzer.
- Oversees application and interpretation of Vietnamese analyzer codes and other applicable codes and standards (including common industry standards).
- Performs root cause analysis techniques.
- Develops life cycle costs for analyzer repairs and replacement.
- Take lead to help shop craftsmen in the analyzing and troubleshooting of failed equipment and rework jobs.
- Reports trouble to superior or Managers verbally or by written document when required.
- Makes training plan and performs training / skill up for newcomer
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Analyzer leader and/or higher superiors.
- Knowledgeable with the industrial standards and code requirements for process control systems and analyzer equipment, especially Analyzer Data & Maintenance System (ADMS), Gas Chromatograph (GC), Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS), Ambient Air Quality Monitoring System (AAQMS). Have field experience in designing and applying advance process control for industrial facilities. Capable to effectively review project documentation, drawings, equipment specifications and testing procedures. Understand international standards: ISA, IEC, API, BS, ISO, etc.