Position: Cost Engineer
Reporting To: Cost Esurance & Cost Control Leader
Educational Level: University or higher
Specialty/Qualification: Technical and financial background related oil and gas industry
Work Experience: At least 5 years of experience in cost evaluation
- Minimum TOEIC - 750 or Equivalent
- Communicate well in English with coworkers, supervisors, and other external partners in both speaking and writing; can handle effectively fairly complex business situations in English.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; SAP; Maximo.
- Strong skill in analysis and cost evaluation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous
- Cost Engineer is to assist Cost Esurance & Cost Control Leader to Prepare, maintain, track the maintenance expense of Maintenance Division and ensure its compliance with the Company budgeting process. Manages and safeguards documents generated by the Division, Contractors and suppliers to support the day-to-day operation.
For this position, minimum works are as follows:
- Manage the maintenance cost evaluation including analyzing actual maintenance expense gaps between each type of equipment in each Unit/ Section. Recommend for improvements in the maintenance cost monitoring process.
- Review actual maintenance cost of each equipment in each unit/ section, consolidate and evaluation for Managers’ review.
- Identify factors affecting to lead different maintenance costs for each type of equipment, such as operation condition of equipment, process problem, engineering design, etc.
- Maintain records of actual costs, recommend ways to optimize maintenance costs
- Consult with operation, maintenance engineers, engineering engineer, contractors, and subcontractors to improve maintenance program, optimize waste time, stand by time during conduct maintenance activities.
- Review, update and propose enhancements to the maintenance cost model.
- Coordinate with budget controller for preparation of budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Develop workflow/procedures, technical documents in order to monitor maintenance expense.
- Perform maintenance expense data entry, data search, extraction, retrieval or modification through Company’s E-documents Management systems (The CMMS, CDMS, EDMS, Company’s portal, etc.)
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Division Managers and/or other superiors
- Archive analysis 50% of maintenance cost for critical equipment
- Monitor and submit report does not delay 2 days of deadline.
* Specific subjects and each numerical goal will be defined every year.
Latitude for Actions or Decisions
- Follow delegation from Maintenance Division Manager to make decision for evaluation maintenance cost for each equipment or package.