Job Overview/About Company (optional):
To lead sales activities under Industry and Heavy Duty segments including
(a) Delivering all sales, margin and profitability targets
(b) Developing and executing strategic sales plan via development of (i) the distribution channel, end-user customer base (B2B Industry companies) (ii) internal capability including sales competency, processes and alignment with other depts. & company policies
Key Responsibilities (compulsory):
- To plan Sales Strategic Plan (5 year plan) and Annual Operating Plan in order to deliver the company goals for long and short terms
- Develop Sales Plan for long term (every five years) and short term (i.e annual Operating Plan) based on (a) market and competition analysis (b) internal strength – capabilities as well as weakness – opportunities (c) experience in lubricant markets where required
- Analyse market potential, competition and end-customer base in order to define the strategies of (a) product portfolio to win in niche markets (b) channel capability & development plan (c) internal capabilities including technical and services, in which added value to the product is consistently aligned in all plans
- Propose Marketing actions and supports from other departments to make the Sales Strategic plan feasible and achievable
- Develop internal capabilities to anticipate the business growth and changes including manpower, sales competencies and processes | system to enable the strategic or operating plan
- With the approval of General Director – to roll out the Sales strategic long term into annual Operating Plan with clear activities, timelines and measurements
Build the sales strategy around a benefit-selling approach, together with the Global Tech Center of Excellence. Ensure these principles are inherent in the strategy and the roll-out of all actions in the field
- Plan annual budget based on the strategic sales plan every year and past experienced activities | spending
- Develop detailed actions plan by quarterly and monthly to deliver volume (top line) and ensure GM compliance
- Make decisions on customer incentives and align with Marketing initiatives | promotions to deliver monthly | quarterly and yearly sales performance
- Assess the channel capabilities and develop actions plan to bridge the gaps if any
- Track actual implementation or results vs. plan (initiatives and spending). Take actions to bridge the gaps, if any
Run analysis and reports on Sales Performance by monthly, quarterly to Management Team
- Drive Sales Operation Excellence
- Ensure all Sales or company processes (and policies) are implemented by Sales Team. Remove internal barriers to ensure the compliance and prompt feed-back or actions
- Develop highly integrated place of pre-sales, field-trial tests, first-fill change-over, regular performance field checks and troubleshooting processes and execution with the technical and product development department as the primary driver for value addition
- Coordinate with other departments (Customer Service, Quality, Finance etc) to quickly settle all external feedback and complaints
- Seek opportunities to improve internal sales processes, improve efficiency of all sales activities or projects (spending, resources etc). Lead projects and process changes to improve the Sales efficiency
- Improve forecast accuracy
- Roll out the improved operating model (such as channel model, sales B2B process, SPANCOP etc), processes or initiatives to Sales Team
- Build internal Sales Capability
- Improve Sales morale and retention rate by working with General Director and Human Resources to fix ad-hoc issues and build long term solutions for Sales CI
- Analysis the gaps of org and sales capability and develop the capability improvement plan with comprehensive internal and external training plan
- Ensure trainings (from internal and external parties) plan is delivered and the efficiency | capability improvement can be proved from the trainings
- Build coaching culture and engagement culture across department and as a leader of the companys
- Assist General Director to support other markets if required
Extend the role (where or when possible) to support General Director and CI Export Manager in working in other Asia Pacific countries (Sales area only)
Job Requirements (compulsory):
- Leadership — Abilities to give guidance, provide direction, delegate responsibility, motivate and influence team member in achieving organizational widely important goals.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity — Recognize and respect different perspective and appreciate the benefit of being open to the ideas and view of others.
- Written Communication — Having writing etiquette with grammar foundation to express facts, ideas in a clear, convincing, and organized manner.
- Oral Communication — Make clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals or groups; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; facilitates an open exchange of ideas and fosters an atmosphere of open communication.
- Quality Orientation — Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Problem Solving / Analytical Thinking — Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Creativity and Innovation — Develop new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to make organizational improvements; creates a work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs / processes.
Key Skills (compulsory):
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering fields
- Exceptional communication in Vietnamese and English (speaking, writing and presentation)
- Minimum of 3 -5 year experience in leading Sales Department in a MNC environment and similar industry with the same size or complexity
- Leading sales activities in the similar industry
- Capability to manage and develop Distributors and improve a complex channel & distributors network
- Developing and delivering a benefit-selling philosophy and operating under similar conditions
- Capability to approach, present and sell in a true B2B industrial environment
- A thorough understanding of B2B and B2C Sales Processes
- Lube background and education is preferred – but not a must
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours
- Highly results-driven
- Structured and well organized
- Strategic mind-set
- Self-motivated leader with team building capability – including coaching
- Real team player