The IT Engineer is responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with computer network application, mail administration, coordinating with plant administrators in various departments, familiarity with IT infrastructure management, handling of hard-wire and wireless LAN / WAN activities.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing PCs and LAN networks. This management includes rolling out new equipment, as well as performing corrective and preventive measures on existing equipment.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance and troubleshooting of PCs, networking equipment, Office Applications, Email clients, Database applications and network Operating Systems.
- Format the hard drive on servers, restore or backup files or directories, create and control shared directories, control the sharing of printers, lock/unlock the server.
- Design, configure, set-up and troubleshoot networking problems and solving connectivity issues.
- Manage supplies and equipment requirements and installed network components, PCs, printers and other related IT equipment based on design plan.
- Manage Mail server and support all mail related issues.
- Prepare the IT Budget.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Electronics & Telecommunications or Computer Science with 5 year experience as an IT Engineer.
- Experience within an oil/gas or thermoelectric facility is helpful but not required.
- Possess good communications skills in English (written and verbal).