- Strong commodities trading and procurement skills and experience
- Has strong relationship and network with suppliers and/or customers for any commodities trade.
- Capable of developing commercial strategies according to company needs, driving team members to implement these strategies successfully.
- Lead a proactive, collaborative and communicative process to select, manage, establish strong partnerships and relationships; ensuring cost, quality, delivery, reliability, and technical performance while achieving both tactical and strategic goals.
- Be well versed in the life cycle of a commercial deal and must have prior hands-on experiences in some of these activities.
- Be proficient in identifying, qualifying and establishing new vendors, consolidating into an overall supplier or counterparty database
- Effective and efficient communicator to senior management and esteemed external counterparties.
- Help to learn and gather new information from the market, capable of building simple statistical models using these collected data and help to guide market analysts to create best in class fundamental and tone analysis of Vietnam wood value chain.
- Proficient with business & basic corporate finance principles, concepts to aid presenting business performances to senior management.
- Bachelor degree with proven performance track record in a highly diverse cross functional background.
- At least 8 to 10 years experience in procurement, handling commodity and natural resources.
- Experience in managing a team of at least 3-5 members in commercial environment.
- Techno commercial and possess good business acumen
- Strong strategic abilities, leadership and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to travel extensively within Vietnam and occasional travels overseas.
- Fluent in English, Vietnamese
- Mandarin will be an added advantage