Our Client is a top 100 fortune American Retail company’s buying office, and it’s expanding
Primary Purpose of Org. Unit: (Describe the function)
· Direct and manage the sourcing process to execute Merchant strategies
· Manage the demand and execution side of sourcing to ensure timely execution of orders
· Train and educate suppliers on Corporate process and procedures
Primary Purpose of Position: (Summarize why this job exists and the contribution it makes to the overall success of the company)
· Lead identified sourcing opportunities to ensure suppliers/ factories capability and timely order execution.
· Ensure smooth order placement to compliant factories
· Guide cross functional partners/Suppliers to ensure product quality, delivery and price objectives are met or exceeded.
· Ensure the timely follow up of all sourcing activities with cross functional team/suppliers
· Ensure Value Unlock savings are captured, including trade benefits, at order placements to enable cost savings to be tracked.
· Data analysis and compilation of reports.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Lead sourcing initiatives/projects with cross functional partners.
· Ensure appropriate, workable TNA across locations and Work-In-Process for smooth order execution
· Understanding of component pricing to provide cost saving opportunities.
· Understand suppliers’ capabilities and performance
· Plan factory visits to monitor production & assess factory capacity.
· Continuously develop product & market knowledge.
· Analyse and report on Supplier related performance data
· Provide coaching and guidance to subordinates on sourcing activities.
· Actively hands-on in order placement decisions.
· Distribute product specification, identify & resolve product specification issues upfront, to designated suppliers.
· Coordinate & validate any new factory requests from suppliers.
· Partner with Cross functional teams as needed to achieve quality, price and delivery requirements.
· Proactively identify potential product/ production issues.
· Maintain performance data of each supplier on a regular basis & determine actions to address any concerns.
· Ensure suppliers samples & quotations are completed within required timelines.
· Value unlock solutions to current products that improves product and lowers cost.
· Travel to factories & provide feedbacks on factories & suppliers capacities and technical abilities to support the market requirements
· Provide insight on product re-engineering opportunities that improves product and lowers cost.
· Compile relevant business reports and recaps to better understand and manage the business.
· Ensure order placement and execution meets expectations on capability, capacity, qualities and delivery performance.
· Executive and manage full-process from A to Z including cost negotiation, itinerary set up, pre-trip, to finalization to ensure the buying trip objectives are fully completed.
· Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed
Identify internal and external contacts, the nature of contacts, and expected outcome of relationships
· GS Technical Design
· GS Raw Material Team
· GS QA team
· GS Category Team
· Responsible Sourcing
· Supply Chain Security
· Origin Replenishment
· BTV Product Development Coordinator/Manager
· BTV Global Sourcing Team
· BTV Direct Imports
· Consumer Testing Laboratories
List the minimum requirements to perform the job successfully including language(s), technical licensure or certification
Education and Experience listed in the below fields
· Able to evaluate suppliers’ competences and capabilities
· Need strong knowledge & understanding of garment construction & production capabilities
· Need strong knowledge of suppliers & factories.
· Strong in identify creative alternative solutions to solve problems
· Ability to train subordinates to work independently
· Highly motivated
· Good team-player
· Ability to work with associates from different cultures
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an organized manner to meet on-time objectives
· Good interpersonal skills
· Proactive & patience
· High sense of urgency
· Good analytical skills
· Good negotiation skills
· Strong skills in working with suppliers about prices & products.
· Ability to take ownership
· Excellent in English & Vietnamese languages
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Proficient PC skills including MS Word, Excel & Power Point
· Basic production and manufacturing knowledge
· Experience: +4 years’ experience in Manufacturing or Apparel merchandising experience
1. Excellent in English & Vietnamese languages
2. Strong communication skills
3. Excellent problem solving skills
4. Proficient PC skills including MS Word, Excel & Power Point
5. Basic production and manufacturing knowledge