The Power Production Section Head is responsible for directing all operational aspects of the coal fired supercritical power plant. He assists in the selection, training, and management of Operations Department personnel for the reliable, efficient, safe, and environmentally compliant operation of the plant. He fosters a team spirit by coordinating Operations Department activities with other plant departments.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the Operations Division Manager to Develop, implement and direct the the policy, procedures and practices required for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the power generation systems and equipment.
- Oversee plant operations and dispatch in accordance with utility requirements and according to the provisions of the Power Purchase Agreement.
- Establishes and implements the training program for the Operations Department.
- Ensures that all operations personnel are adhering to safety and environmental regulations and facility policy.
- Establish and maintains plant operations data recordkeeping, including operating logs, trend logs, chemistry logs, and reports pertaining to environmental regulations and operations.
- Assists the Operations Division Manager to prepare one-year, three-year, and five-year Operational Plans and budgets, integrating operational activities with the Maintenance Plan.
- Prepare periodic reports and perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Division Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor's Degree (mechanical, electrical or other engineering) is required
- Must have at least 10 years current experience within an oil/gas or thermoelectric facility and have a thorough demonstrated a thorough knowledge of supercritical coal plant operations in 5 of those years.
- 5 years experience in a management position.
- Possess business level communications skills in English (written and verbal) and be computer literate.