Responsible for promoting specialty products and exploring new business opportunities in target applications, to support business sustainable growth in Asia Pacific, by aligning with regional business strategy. This can be accomplished by having an intimate knowledge of customer requirements and matching them to the fundamental properties that our products can provide.
The incumbent will be accountable for technical service and application development projects in Asia Pacific especial South East Asia. This individual will be a part of the Industrial Solutions TS&D group that is charged to enhance our application knowledge and drive opportunities to differentiate new and existing products. In order to accomplish his/her goals, this person will need to interact with customers, marketing/sales organizations, supply chain, and R&D and TS&D teams globally.
Job Key Responsibilities
- Identification of target application areas based on business input, market understanding and performance characterization.
- Working together with fellow R&D/TS&D and commercial teams, and channel partners to develop products and solutions that meet customer end user requirements.
- Develop the understanding of market/industry dynamics and develop a technical strategy to capitalize on customer needs, especially in Textile Manufacturing Processing, dying process and work together with the textile brand owner and its associated mill manufacturer.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of products and application to support the Sustainable Textile market.
- Provides customer technical service at target accounts including on-site technical support at third party textile mills. Technical support consists of product recommendations, implementation, and process optimization of the use of our products, and problem solving for our products.
- Lead product and application development activities at identified target customers.
- Coordinate and lead laboratory experiments to support customer driven projects.
- Use broad market, customer, and application knowledge and in-depth understanding of competitive technologies to solve complex technical issues.
- Building strategic customer partnership and drive the innovation growth in the focus regions and countries.
- Deliver presentations or reports that distill complex ideas into clear results and proposals; communicates appropriately to influence internal and external audiences.
- Develop technical training presentations and provide appropriate training for customers, distributors, and internal stakeholders.
- Serve as peer coach and provides constructive advice on projects within the team. Use skills and competencies to increase productivity of himself/herself and others.
- Understand and follow appropriate EH&S standards, policies and procedures applicable to their job. Lead by example in the area of safety behaviors by promoting safe work habits.
- Minimum 10 years of significant professional experience in textile manufacturing process especially in dyeing process.
- Good understanding on specialty chemicals in surfactants, dyestuff chemistry, dyeing chemicals, oxygenated solvents, amines, polyglycols etc. in textile application.
- Ability to conduct trial run of new specialty chemicals in textile manufacturing process especially in dyeing mill and able to assist in troubleshooting the problem.
- Knowledge in Cold Pad Batch (CPB) will be added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially English. Ability to speak Chinese will be added advantage.
- Excellent project management skill.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, fast learning and passion for new technologies.
- Have interests in new application exploration.
- Multicultural background or experience is desired.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently.
- This position will be based in Vietnam office, and will require around 30% of time on travel within Vietnam and South East Asia.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or above in Chemistry, Polymer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or any Science related field.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others