- Business Type: US company
- Size: +500 employees
- Industry: Gaming
- Position: Technical Artist (Unity)
- Headcounts: 01
- Level: Junior/Senior
- Expected joining date: ASAP
- Work Location: Hanoi
- Working Time: Monday-Friday
- Salary Range: $1500 - $3000 USD per month (net)
- Chance to work on big game development projects.
- Chance to work closely with both experienced Vietnamese and foreign experts.
- Attractive salary and benefits, international, fun and professional working environment
- An open and honest culture where people are valued, treated fairly and trusted and empowered
- Flexible working hours, we work 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
- 13th salary and additional bonus every year
- Lunch allowance and free drinks (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Health Insurance package
- Social Insurance under Vietnam law
- Annual health check, annual flu vaccination
- Paid leave (12 days/year)
- Free English/ Vietnamese classes with native teachers
- Pet-friendly working space
- A standing desk if you like; No dress code; Company trip
- Free inhouse gym and game room for everyone: board games, video games, PS5, ping pong, football tables, and VR games
- Inhouse classes: Yoga and BJJ
- For non Vietnamese staff, support for making Vietnamese work permits, resident cards
- Negotiable depending on level and experience
- We work on top-grossing games with fantastic licenses (WWE Champions and other secret ones) and we are looking for a passionate Technical Artist to join our team and push our games look and feel to the next level. You will work closely with the team in creating cutting-edge visuals for our mobile games in Unity!
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Help define asset creation pipelines and guidelines to turn a vision into a reality while always considering both artistic vision and technical limitations
- Plan and Implement 2D sprite/UI assets, 3D characters and backgrounds as well as
- VFX/animations matching the established Art Direction
- Setting up lighting systems and shades that are compatible with the memory limitations of target platforms
- Effectively communicate the most efficient possible direction for any given technical art problem
- Investigates new techniques, assists in prototyping and helps other developers with technical roadblocks.
- To ensure high quality data capture/quality assurance during motion capture shoots.
- To oversee and provide technical feedback during collaboration with other art production houses.
- To be able to create, modify and optimize small 3D environments for events.
- Training artists in new production techniques and ensuring that those methods are compatible with the constraints of the game engine
- You have a passion for games and visual arts.
- Extensive Unity experience regarding the creation and implementation of VFX, UI, 3D assets, lighting and shades
- Fundamental art skills and aesthetic sense
- Background in 3d modeling/texturing and or VFX
- Strong knowledge of real-time lighting and performance
- Proactivity and creativity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills - English proficiency needed
- Have shipped at least one mobile game
- Basic to intermediate experience in scripting
- Experience in a scripting and programming languages
We Prefer Candidates Who Have:
- Knowledge of one or more 3D software packages
- Experience with Motion Capture processes and pipelines
Required Application Materials:
- Portfolio/demo (website, blog, online album, Dropbox, etc.) demonstrating your skills and aesthetic sense