Position: Cost Estimator
Reporting To: Project Section Manager
Division: Asset Integrity Division
Educational Level: University Graduated
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years' experience in Cost Estimate in Oil & Gas.
Extensive experience in EU-ME-SEA in downstream projects with strong inclination and exposure with brownfield operating refinery and petrochemical asset environment. Past experience with reputable oil companies preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Economics, Business Administration or Accounting
- Cost estimating role in both the front-end and execution phases of an opportunity or project
- Able to use statistical tools to analyze costs metrics and perform risk analysis.
- Highly motivated, well organized, and proactive
- High level of communication and inter-personal skills is required to interact with all parties/disciplines (Company and contractors).
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- English skills: IELTS 6.5 (speak, writing, presentation in professional way)
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Cost Estimator is to develop cost estimates for MOCs, capex project from screening to FID. Perform cost analysis, budgeting and cost control to ensure the cost competitiveness with industry benchmarks/norms so as to ensure effective usage of budgets.
To deliver, maintain and oversee standard, consistent and realistic cost estimates reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project. Responsibilities are the following but not limited to:
- Preparation of MOC and capital project cost estimates at each stage gates.
- Incorporate project complexity factors into project estimates and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope and execution plan. Validate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters. Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks.
- Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- Assess prospect scope and develop consistent, high level conceptual estimates (Type-0/1) for each concept under consideration. Experienced with development of capacity factored estimates.
- Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours. Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances.
- Development of detailed project cost forecasts. Incorporation of project actuals to date and detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours for to-go costs.
- Develop Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed.
- Develop Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed.
- Utilise Technical, Economical, Commercial, Organisational & Political (TECOP) profile to establish appropriate deterministic cost contingency.
To deliver, maintain and oversee standard, consistent and realistic cost estimates reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.