Head of Corporate Assurance (0021)
Role: Head of Corporate Assurance (0021)
The job holder is responsible for overseeing compliance within the bank and ensuring compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. The job holder is responsible for developing compliance programs, reviewing company policies and advise management on the bank's compliance with laws and regulations.
Key Accountabilities (1)
- Lead and maintain the organization's compliance culture to achieve the required standard on bank compliance on internal and external regulations and laws.
- Lead and implement activities to monitor and evaluate bank
- Wide compliance and quality of implementation of internal regulations.
- Monitor and report findings on compliance with internal and external regulations top management and board of directors.
- Provide recommendations to stakeholders to address compliance gaps and adverse findings.
- Coordinate with departments throughout the bank to monitor and detect risks across the bank.
- Lead and coordinate action plans to address identified risk gaps in operations to improve policy mechanisms and implementation policies to ensure strong, effective management in practice to provide objective assurance about the effectiveness of internal control
Key Accountabilities (2)
- Lead and maintain a high standard of banking product within the function to identify potential AML risks.
- Develop effective AML policies and procedures.
- Implement appropriate Anti Money Laundering controls and standards.
- Implement effective Anti Money Laundering program to ensure robust AML standards.
- Develop action plans to support the delivery of strategy goals for the division.
Key Accountabilities (3)
- Identify issues and opportunities to improve performance in the team.
- Train and coach team members to develop knowledge and competencies for the function.
Key Relationships - Direct Manager
Chief Corporate Affairs Officer
Key Relationships - Direct Reports
Director, Foundation System Assurance / Director, Retail Banking System Assurance / Director, Corporate Banking System Assurance / Director, Compliance Management / Director, Anti-Money Laundering
Key Relationships - Internal Stakeholders
Functional stakeholders within and across divisions and senior management teams
Key Relationships - External Stakeholders
Partners providing professional services and regulators
Success Profile - Qualification and Experiences
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Law, Economics, Business management, Finance or related discipline
- At least 14 years of related work experience in financial institutions and/or large accounting and audit firms
- At least 5 years of managerial experience
- Business English standard of proficiency as required for the role
- Good knowledge of laws and regulations
- Strong communications skills
Success Profile - Functional Competencies
- Compliance and COEC - Level 4
- Risk management - Level 4
- Stake holder management - Level 5
- FCR Foundation - Level 4
- FCR management - Level 4
- Organization Development - Level 4
- Banking regulations, Bank policies application skills - Level 4
- Corporate assurance policy - Level 4
- Corporate assurance management - Level 4
Success Profile - Leadership Competencies
- Strategic Mindset - Level 4
- Change and Innovation - Level 4
- Collaboration - Level 4
- Talent Development - Level 4
- Results Orientation - Level 4
Success Profile - Culture Fit (Core Values)
- Work Efficiently
- Collaboration For Common Objectives
- Innovation and Creativeness
- Customer Centricity
Success Profile - Personal Attributes
1. Integrity, modest
2. Optimistic, Adaptable & Emotionally Controlled
3. Conscientious, Resilient, Vigorous & Achieving
4. Persuasive, Unconventional & Forward Thinking