1. Job Purpose
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across business units, manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and PMO control guidelines throughout the project life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery, contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
2. Key Responsibilities
2.1. Project delivery
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple domains/departments
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor projects simultaneously
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Conduct feasibility studies and oversee the selection of vendors
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project members
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
2.2. Project governance
- Recommend strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends of assigned project/program
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing PMO standards, project management methodology is regularly reviewed and updated in line with best practices identified during the year.
- Facilitate dependency management across the projects and programs
- Share information, good practice and expertise with other PM and colleagues
- Support the review and analysis of completed programs/projects, including the coordination of post implementation reviews
- Perform other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the Line Manager in order to meet department objectives.
1. Qualification and Experience
- Qualification: Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- Experience: 8-10 years of project management and related experience. Proven experience in leading complex projects and project program. Familiar with different project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Kaban…)
- Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) is mandatory. Other certificate (Prince II/scrum master) is preferred
- Business awareness: Understands industry trends and their impact on business
- Communication: Determines and utilizes the appropriate communication channels. Employs active listening
- Strategy development: Understands the impact of a project directly to and across various functions and to the overall business. Integrates business goals into the project scope and deliverables. Understands project and organizational dependencies
- Leadership: Takes initiative. Mentors team members. Responds in a politically astute manner
- Judgement/decision making: Recognizes priorities, weighs up different options and evaluates risks. Reaches logical conclusions and decides on appropriate plan of action. Evaluates previous judgements in order to improve.
- Planning and organizing: Able to achieve results in a quality, timely, and cost-effective way. Sees priorities, plans the efficient use of resources, and monitors progress against objectives. Anticipates crucial stages in projects. Formulates alternative means of achieving objectives. Responds effectively to unforeseen events.
- Result orientation: Result oriented mindset to surpass difficulty/complexity to complete assigned task
- Team management: Motivates and inspires the team. Leads by example. Manages and resolves conflict. Builds relationships within and outside the team. Demonstrates team organization and governance
- Flexibility: Respond positively to change and adapted to new situations quickly
- Independence: Takes responsibility for own time and effectiveness