Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: Head of General Affairs
Job Family: Executive Director Office
Location: Hanoi office with travels to the fields and internationally as required
Being a member of Executive Director Department the Communications Manager provides necessary support to implementation communications activities set in Country Strategy Paper VI (CSP VI) with focus on social media and internal communication. He/she has full authority within approved budgets and plans.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
[I] Organizational and Corporate Development/ Representation
- Communications and related activities as mentioned in the Organization’s Strategy 2028: Action for Global Justice are prioritized and localized in line with CSP VI and Vietnam context.
- All communications work, particularly the social media are specified, formulated and implemented to deliver CSP in linking with strategy, women’s rights and GRPS projects and for the benefits of community mobilization, campaign element in the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA).
- Successful campaigns are analyzed, and lesson learnt are reported as appropriate.
[II] Brand management
- Communication and related activities are implemented consistently throughout Local Rights Programs (LRPs).
- Programme priorities are coordinated between different communications works for a smooth and effective implementation.
- Monitoring and Evaluation indicators are well designed for the assessment of communications as required by CSP VI and Communications Strategy.
- Strategies and campaigns across print, broadcast and online platforms are developed to build up the credibility of organization’s image
- Support in ensuring all communication products will follow donor’s and Organization’s identity requirements.
[III] Internal and External communications
- Press releases and policy briefs are well produced.
- Press briefing/meetings/conference/interviews are well organized.
- Organization’s publications including design, translation and printing are undertaken, ensuring quality and adherence to the Organization’s publication and contracting process and guidelines.
- Events/ launch of programmes are carried out according to work plan.
- Films and different audio-visual items are produced with good quality.
- Organization’s website, Facebook, YouTube account and other social media tools are well administered.
- Communication platforms (e.g. regional newsletter, annual reports, online communication forums, etc.) are coordinated in consultation and coordination with Communications Team.
- Supports are given to staff on compliance of communications policy and requirements (logo, letterhead, PowerPoint template, email signature, name card etc.).
- Organization staff’s and key partners’ capacity building on communications is implemented.
[IV] Partnerships management and Networking
- Network of media to support Organization’s activities is established and maintained.
- Close communications and collaboration with Communications and Campaign and related teams are well established.
- Active participation in working groups, networks, campaigns locally and internationally is ensured.
- Support to progressively positioning Organization in networks and coalitions through purposive engagement with CSOs, media, academia, and authorities at national, regional, and local levels.
[V] Budgeting and Planning
- Develop, manage, monitor, and update the annual budget for PP1 Department to ensure the sound management of PP1 budget
- Review and approve program concept and plan to ensure the alignment to the CSPVI and annual plan and budget
- Conduct regular field visits to programme areas to provide support, supervision, and guidance on programme implementation
[VI] Financial and Contract Management
- Control the expenditure and the disbursement of resources of the budget in charge to be complied with financial policy.
- The printing, communications products and media contracts which related to Organization general Communications are managed.
- Support to build new projects
- Other task as assigned by line manager are well performed
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, Journalism, social science or international studies.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Engagement in social communications is preferable.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Proven experience working with social media.
- Expertise in communications events and related organization, media, mobilization and campaign.
- Effective communications and presentation skills.
- Networking and partnership building techniques
- Sound knowledge and experience on poverty reduction and development issues.
- Creativity and quick response to new trend.
- Safety and security
- Sexual harassment
- Human Rights Based Approach
- Poverty and injustice eradication
- Gender equality