Job Title: MANAGER, PROGRAMME M&E
Report to: Head of General Affairs
Job Family: Executive Director Office
Location: Hanoi office with frequent travels to the fields (minimum 50%)
Direct Reports: None
The Manager Programme M&E monitors programme quality shares good development practices to concerned stakeholders; Ensures full compliance to Accountability Learning and Planning System (ALPS) within Organization and Organization.
She/ he is required to perform assigned activities with quality and within timeline, the monthly updates are delivered on time and with quality. All communications need to copy to Line Manager or should be agreed before distribution. Other supporting tasks should be delivered with quality as agreed with Line Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
[I] Provides technical supports on appraisals, reviews and impact assessments to Management Team, staff and partners
- Support in developing indicators for M&E process is well provided.
- Appropriate frameworks and methodologies are recommended to Line Manager and Management Team to ensure that Organization has a clear understanding and most up to date database of the impact of its work. Organization’s M&E Framework for 2018-2023 is always a reference point until 2023.
- The planning and budgeting process of Organization are coordinated.
[II] Promotes and supports ALPS within and outside ORGANIZATION
- Provide sufficient support (as appropriate) to conduct of all processes required by ALPS is well provided and implemented.
- Organization’s compliance of ALPS and Open Information Policy is monitored and ensured.
- Organization programmes are fully aligned with ALPS.
- Learning and best practices on ALPS processes and outcomes are disseminated within and outside Organization.
[III] Synthesises and compiles reports to ORGANIZATION, AA Asia, donors, and governmental bodies
- Statutory reports to national counterparts are well compiled and timely submitted.
- Required reports /regular updates to Organization, AA Asia is well compiled and submitted
- Annual report of Organization and AFV are developed timely with input from departments.
- M&E data required from departments for preparing reports are well provided.
- Leading data consolidation for reporting and monitoring the indicators from LRP level to national level. Regular feedback on CSP progress are provided.
- Partner’s profiles on regular basis are compiled and updated.
[IV] Manages evaluation processes
- TORs (baseline, phasing-in, phasing-out, midterm, and end-line evaluations to be the least) are well inputted and selection of consultants (if needed) is well supported.
- Review the efficiency and compliance of activities are organized by regular field visits (Visit minimum 5 LRPs/year).
- Evaluation reports are compiled and commented to ensure satisfactory quality.
- Support to develop M&E framework and work plan for donor funded projects is provided.
[V] Promotes and ensures programme quality and accountability within Organization
- Minimum standards for quality evaluation are well developed and implemented within Organization.
- Non-compliance activities/acts are detected and addressed to ensure consistency and quality of Organization programme.
[VI] Champions M&E online system and learning from it
- The M&E online system is ensured to maintain, working properly and regularly upgrade to support operation/programme needs
- To be Organization’s focal person in organizing and providing training/refresh training on M&E online to all relevant stakeholders.
[VII] Supports the nationalization of ActionAid Vietnam
- Participation in relevant tasks assigned is ensured to support the operation of the Aid for Social protection Program, Project Foundation Vietnam (AFV), the strategic partner of Organization.
- Assistance is provided for the smooth transition of ActionAid Vietnam in the nationalization process.
- Fund raising efforts with other Organization’s team members are participated as assigned by the line manager.
- To be Organization’s representative at relevant national and international forum and networks on Programme M&E and quality control.
- Other tasks as assigned by line manager are well performed.
Education & Certifications
- University Degree on social, science, economics or development studies
- Master’s degree is an advantage
- 3 years of working experience in the relevant field
- NGOs working experience is preferable
- Practical experience of participatory approaches, reporting and documentations, strategic planning, M&E work.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Research and development
- Expertise in participatory tools
- Report writing and digital reflection skills
- Safety and security
- Sexual harassment
- Human Rights Based Approach
- Poverty and injustice eradication
- Gender equality