- The job holder designs the plan for the adoption of Agile (domain-wide, organization-wide) and oversee the development of Agile teams.
- The job holder ensures that squads or project teams are working on the right tasks at the right time according to agile principles.
- The job holder guides and coaches teams on Agile practices and Scrum methodologies.
- The job holder develops and collaborates with Scrum Masters to improve efficiency of the methodologies efficiency in the Transformation Office and across the Bank.
1. Agile / Scrum Standards and Efficiency for Tribes / Functional Teams
- Guide and promotes the adoption and application of Scrum and Agile principles, practices, values, tools, why they work and how they should be applied to tribes and functions in the Transformation Office and across the bank.
- Oversee sprint processes to facilitate transparency, inspection and adaptation.
- Lead sprint reviews and planning meetings to develop standards and requirements for the agile process
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions for new product development.
- Help teams use and navigate agile tools and software extensively.
- Shied agile teams from external interference and remove barriers to ensure teams are fully functional and productive.
- Work with teams on conflict resolution methods.
- Facilitate scrum events as teaching opportunities.
- Set up Guilds or Communities of Practice for cross-team skill development and knowledge sharing.
- Organize opportunities and events for employees to learn more about Agile, inside and outside the organization.
- Facilitate quarterly ‘Big Room’ planning event with Tribe leads to align on outcomes (past quarter), priorities (next quarter) and resources allocation.
2. Stakeholder Management
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities and process improvements by leveraging organization data to drive business solutions.
- Coach managers and leaders on embedding practices of agile management in their routines.
- Work with stakeholders to set up and maintain a structured way to continuously improve teams and product development flow.
- Facilitate critical retrospectives (as brainstorming and training sessions) to identify organizational improvements.
- Set up organization level impediment resolution process.
3. Talent Development
- Organize and support the team in strengthening Agile ways of working in delivering value to internal customers.
- Coach team members to strengthen capabilities and demonstrate the required mindset and behaviors.
- Motivate team members to try out new out-of-the box approaches without taking undue risks
- Attract, motivate and retain employees across all levels for a high performance culture.
EXPERTISE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
1. Domain Expertise
- 8 to12 years experience in Banking, Finance, Information Technology, Business Administration or Project Management in a leading bank or fintech organization.
- Knowledge of technical engineering best practices (test driven development, continuous integration, DevOps) will be advantageous
- Experience in Digital Marketing and UI/ UX Design will be advantageous
- Experience planning and facilitating large team working sessions
2. Agile/Digital Experience
- 5+ years experience as an Agile Coach driving Agile transformation from design to implementation
- Extensive experience in Agile Development and implementation of Agile Transformation Roadmap, Scaling Agile, operating models.
- Extensive coaching experience on Agile and Scrum
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Banking & Finance, Technology, Business Administration or a related discipline
- Project management certification in PMP, LEAN, Six Sigma Green Belt, Agile Project Management
- Professional Scrum Master certification in A-CSM, CSP-SM, or PSM II, PSM III
- Agile Scaling certification in CS@SP, S@S or CLP, CLE, Certified SAFe® Agilist, Scaled Professional Scrum™ Certification
- Agile Coaching and Agile Leadership certification in Certified Team Coach, Certified Enterprise Coach, Certified Agile Leadership 1 & 2, Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS), Professional Agile Leadership (PAL)
4. Personal Attributes
- Assertive and strong mediator to be the voice of authority
- Active coach and mentor who can teach new concepts and maximize potential within teams
- Strong collaborative problem solver and skilled at navigating roadblocks
- Passionate and interested in the drivers of digital disruption from a customer and organizational perspective