The job holder is responsible for conducting research and analysis in order to create a detailed business analysis, outline problems, opportunities and solutions for a business. The job holder will identify all required data sources, internal and external to support targeted research, analysis and documentation. The job holder is expected to develop new business models to support sound, data-driven business decisions and solutions.
Key Accountabilities (1)
Research and Analysis
- Gather market trends and internal data to conduct analysis based on business issues and needs as they relate to a potential change or transformation.
- Develop informative and actionable reports that highlight business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and report trends and patterns to provide forecast on business plans.
- Use data modelling, budgeting and forecasting techniques to present analysis for business decisions.
- Recommend solutions (services, processes or products that solve a particular problem), consider pros and cons of each recommendation.
- Identify costs and business savings.
Key Accountabilities (2)
Reporting and Documentation
- Work closely with project teams / business tribes to understand and document business objectives and processes.
- Suggest modifications and improvements for improved operating efficiencies.
- Implement, test and deploy solutions to business problems.
- Create functional specifications / documentation / user manuals for new systems and processes.
- Explain technical jargon to non-technical / commercial teams.
- Simplify requirements so they are easily understood across the whole team.
Product Owner / Senior Product Owner / Business Analyst Manager
Key Relationships - Internal Stakeholders
Teams within and across Divisions
Key Relationships - External Stakeholders
Customers and partners providing professional services
Success Profile - Qualification and Experiences
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Banking, Economics, Computing, Information Technology, Business Management or relevant disciplines
- Certification from the Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in a financial institution with commercial awareness
- Business English standard of proficiency is required
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proven analytical and modelling capability with gap analysis, SWOT analysis
- Experience working across multiple project scopes and in an agile operating environment
- Experience writing SQL queries and using data visualization techniques and tools