- Develop design solutions of components for automotive applications taking into consideration of material, manufacturing, reliability and economical aspects
- Perform design calculations including tolerance analysis, functional proof. Utilize designing tools and methodologies such as FMEA, DRBFM, and DMFA…
- Work in platform as well as customer application projects cooperating with technical lead, testing engineer, production planner, sales, purchasing, controlling, quality management and process development.
- Communication with internal teams (e.g. project team) and external partners (e.g. suppliers)
- Develop initial concepts and optimize design based on feedback from customers, plants, suppliers.
- Manage design variants including design features, application, material selection
- Create, monitor and fulfill design schedule according to project timeline
- Document design (bills of materials, technical specifications, design guidelines, 2D drawings, 3D models, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics,
- Industrial Engineering or similar subjects
- Knowledgeable in design and manufacturing of plastic, elastomer, metal parts.
- Knowledge in molding tooling is preferable
- Knowledge of product development process and methods such us DRBFM, FMEA, 8D…
Traits and Skills
- Experience with project/ engineering change process in the automotive environment is advantage
- Independent, well-structured and goal-oriented way of working
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, high resilience, willingness to take responsibility
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good English skills in spoken and written form, knowledge of Japanese language is highly appreciated
- Skilful in TCNX or similar CAD software (2D drawings, 3D modelling)