- Continually strives to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime (i.e. common set-ups).
- Monitors machine management data in order to maximize utilization and minimize machine-generated scrap.
- Assists in establishing clear, measurable and attainable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results.
- Provides input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Creates and maintains wave and reflow soldering profiles.
- Ensures that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and results in solder quality that meets requirements (or other applicable standard).
- Designs and / or procures production tooling, including stencils, vacuum plates, wave solder pallets and product-specific fixtures and jigs.
- Coordinates line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, MIS, etc.) using the approved communication process.
- Verifies that machine maintenance is performed as scheduled on assigned line(s).
- Provides guidance, assistance and / or training to the Manufacturing Engineering Assistants and Manufacturing Engineering Technicians.
- Assists Project Engineer(s) with identifying individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Plus 3 years related experience.
- Strong sense of responsibility and team work spirit.
- Willing to learn and hard-working.
- Ability to work flexibly and under high pressure.