The Mechanical Officer is responsible for a construction work and commissioning activities done by EPC Contractor with reviewing and monitoring schedule, quality, reliable, efficient, safe, and environmentally compatible design, procurement, manufacturing, shipping and construction.
This position is responsible also for an inspection, witness and supervise of EPC’s Mechanical construction, installation, testing and commissioning activities in the construction field. And this position maintains manuals, procedures, historical information and inspection records ensuring adequate update for the construction and commissioning period. Assist in other areas of the construction as assigned. This position reports directly to the Technical Director (Mechanical).
Duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Inspect and Supervise construction personnel in the safe and efficient EPC work for the plant and facilities construction.
• Take the responsibility for the Mechanical portion of the EPC work including the design review and the construction, installation, testing and commissioning.
• Coordinate with Owners Engineer (OE) and make a proper instruction to OE in order to reach the project targets.
• Take the actions necessary to identify and develop a plan to mitigate the risks to the schedule delay, poor quality, unsafe activities and so on.
• Maintain manuals, procedures, historical information and inspection records ensuring adequate update for the construction period.
• Coordinate the project interfaces between EPC works and other party works
• Coordinate with the local authorities and arrange the required approvals, permits etc. under local regulations and laws.
• Support relevant reporting activities as required by the Lenders, the insurers, the Sponsors and compliance with all Legal Requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Technical Director (Mechanical)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
• A Bachelor's Degree is required (Mechanical Engineering or equivalent)
• Must have at least 7 years current experience in Mechanical design/construction/commissioning or equivalent industrial environment role.
• 2 year experience in Mechanical Officer position for construction/commissioning or equivalent industrial environment role.
• Possess excellent communications skills in English (written and verbal as Advanced level and able to communicate using advanced vocabularies) and be computer literate.