- Lead as SPOC on the project from clearing the project for executions, design clearances, validating the test reports, execution monitoring and inspections required for the project.
- Ensure completion of project within the timelines and approved budget.
- Quality assurance without repeated punch points and strict adherence to HSE as per country norms to be followed and clearance of points from quality should be addressed timely as approved in Gantt chart.
- Proactive review and timely submission of BOM to purchase team.
- Support Remote Monitoring team to resolve critical issues.
- Ensure 100 % of regular WBS (Project status) update in ERP tool.
- Support Projects team in effective data management through ERP, aligned documentation in drive.
- Ensure and verify all test documents, SOP’s time to time for execution of project.
- Conduct conclusive meetings with clients and EPC vendors timely basis for better execution of the projects.
- To be familiar with customs clearance rules and regulations for effective coordination with teams on clearing the materials and coordinating with the concern external target departments.
Vendor Management (Client and EPC vendor)
- Must be clear on the project requirements in all aspects and scope to be clarified from Business Development.
- To be familiar or timely upskill on technical requirements as per Country and corresponding Utility.
- Ensure to allocate clear roles and responsibilities to team assigned.
- Evaluate the team on quarterly basis and take appropriate actions deemed to evolve the team on various fronts like technical, managerial, interpersonal etc.
- Call to promote the team representative based on their capabilities and performance.
- Finalisation of vendor based on their credentials and capability.
- Stay updated and familiar with day-to-day price fluctuations of the raw materials to take effective business decisions.
- Co-ordinate with client, EPC vendor and local site in-charge to compete the project in all aspects of executions, quality and timely handing over department to Asset Management team.
- Manage Liaisoning activities to clear the project from required approvals like Chief inspector, Labour Laws etc pertaining to the country. Seeking Local Utility clearances and statutory clearances will be the primary responsibility.
Effective co-ordination with other departments
- Dialogue with PMO-HQ on daily progress and updates, approval on PO/WO release, issues and challenges, material delay and cost impacts etc.
- Closely work with Business development team on scope definition, accessing commercial impacts due to time and cost overruns & communicate project review to client on weekly basis.
- Coordinate and timely follow-up with purchase team to track despatch status of materials.
- Proactively conduct site-visits and co-ordinate with design team preparation of engineering layouts.
- Timely intimation to Service/ Asset Management team for smooth transition of Handover-takeover post commissioning.
- Support to quality on equipment FAT/QAP.
- Timely communicate Head of concerned departments on project update.
- Effectively closing feedback loops on learnings and improvements.
Training and Team Motivation
- Able to resolve technical issues on site with minimal escalations.
- Training team on the requirements of different country pertaining to quality, safety, technical (I&C/Design procedures) etc.
- Proper documentation of subject covered to be maintained.
- Well versed with industry practices and standards.
- Formal education which corresponds to a completed University Degree (Bachelors/Masters).
- PMP Certified/MBA in Project Management/Operations Management would be looked favourably.
8-10 years with relevant Solar industry experience of atleast 2-3 years.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) & good hand hold on ERP.
- Good knowledge of project cycle management.
- Excellent drafting and presentation skills.
- Capabilities to clearly, efficiently and effectively conceptualize ideas and approaches.
- Excellent ability to think analytically and innovatively.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment is considered very important.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Capacity to focus on priorities, to organise work and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Capable of producing high quality results within often tight deadlines.
- Organised and excellent attention to detail.