A quality engineer is responsible for the support and generation of strategic plans to improve the business processes and increase overall quality in either QA or QC. Duties may include creating the company's quality standards and testing systems to reflect efficiency, reliability and performance. Quality engineers are also responsible for the creation of documentation that reports issues and errors relating to the production process with efforts placed to find a solution. The quality engineer will be the liaison between Company and Vendor the company’s partner manufacturer.
A bachelor's degree (or VN equivalent) in engineering or a related field is required for the job. A successful track record working as a quality engineer is essential. Although, consideration may be made for lesser experience providing experienced QE is found prior to hire that could mentor the lower skill levels. Other valuable skills include a high proficiency in computer technology including Microsoft Office applications and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Assist Company’s manufacturing partner, Vendor, in the develop of inspection methods to analyze product quality
- Improve product quality by making recommendations for change
- Work together with Vendor’s relevant teams and departments to improve products
- Ensure products adhere to company and industry quality standards
- Brainstorm ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the production process
- Provide daily quality feedback to the Company management team
- Tracking all assembly processes and tests when we start to release new products in Vietnam factory.
- Formulating product quality inspection standard, feedback product information in time.
- Checking Vendor’s incoming inspection and product assembly processes, transfer and shipping processes. Ensure products quality level meets Company standards.
- Found production line issues and tracking Vendor’s improvements.
- Audit products with Company unit spec and audit list, send audit report to Company management every day.
- Analyze customer’s complaint with Vendor team and feedback to Company management team.
- Visit Vendor’s components supplier to help them manage their quality system.
- Establish and maintain process control documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred. Other degrees may be considered with experience
- Extensive experience in a quality assurance/control environment required
- High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English and/or Chinese verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment
- Basic mathematical arithmetic skill