Position: Refinery Project Engineer
Reporting To: Project Section Manager
Division: Asset Integrity Division
Educational Level: University Graduate
Work Experience: Min 5 year relevant experience in project engineering/management in petroleum / petrochemical industries.
Specialty/Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent (mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering preferred)
- Experience in detailed engineering studies and project-related activities.
- Good understanding of the various international mechanical standards, e.g. ASME/BS
- Proficiency in safe operations of process units, including familiarity with process safety elements such as MOCs, HAZOPs and behavioral safety.
- High level of communication and inter-personal skills is required to interact with all parties/discipline.
- Experience in the use of software such as Primavera,
- Report writing and presentation skills
- English skills IELTS 5.0
- Competency in Microsoft applications including AutoCAD and Primavera
Refinery Project Engineer is responsible to execute and manage the development and execution of capital projects in accordance with requirements, technical specification, quality within schedule and budget.
Delivery capital projects from conceptual design, through detailed engineering, day-to-day activities, and long-term performance improvements as part of the site Capex Plan.
▪ Ensure compliance to the Site HSSE standards during project execution.
▪ Lead/Participate front-end development of projects including definition and planning, estimating, requests for endorsement and approvals.
▪ Preparation of Project Execution Strategies and Plans
▪ Provide technical support in Project Development phase in term of scope definition; cost estimate, execution schedule and constructability assessment.
▪ Track and control progress of project with regards to compliance to HSSE, standards, schedule, cost and quality.
▪ Manage construction activities carried out by contractors to ensure safe execution and quality delivery.
▪ Management of the change control procedure to ensure that changes are minimized.
▪ Establishing Contracting and Procurement Strategies/Plans for all phases of the project making use of Procurement section expertise and aligning with the Contractor.
▪ Development of the scope of work, ITB and contract, bid evaluation and award of contracts to Contractors.
▪ Evaluate technical and economic aspects of proposals for new or revamping facilities submitted from within and from outside the company and prepare the plan after approval
▪ Initiate and contribute to improvements including plant safety and reliability.
▪ Conduct site inspection and ensure accuracy of approved construction drawing and document for execution.
▪ Develop work plan with contractors, operations, maintenance and all relevant parties for execution with minimum interruption to operating plant.
▪ Interface with Operations, Technologists, Engineering, Maintenance & contractors/vendors for smooth execution
▪ Ensure successful turnover of the plant to commissioning team and also final documentation handover.
▪ Prepare and deliver weekly and monthly project progress report
▪ Establish time schedule/execution plan for more complex project with multi-disciplinary involvement amongst operations, maintenance and contractors.
▪ Project Close out
▪ Execute tasks/assignments instructed by Section Manager, Projects.
To achieve the followings through the above responsibility
- Maintain safe and stable operation
- Keep required quality of product
- Plant productivity improvement
* Specific subjects and each numerical goal will be defined every year.