1. Place in the Organisation : Maintenance
2. Location of Assignment : Vietnam
3. Work Pattern : Normal work hours, but occasionally required to cover weekend or night duty
The candidate will provide rotating equipment planning, supervision, troubleshooting and execution reporting and support services to the Client Technical Service Engineer. This responsibility includes both current operation as well as planning for the future in reliability monitoring and improvement. The candidate will also be a leading member of a team of machinery skilled technicians and craftsmen. He will set the leadership direction for the rotating equipment discipline of the Maintenance Team.
The Rotating Equipment Engineering Supervisor at the location who drives the rotating equipment maintenance process and provides a wide range of Technical expertise on rotating equipment best practices. Specific activities include the following :
1. Strong decision-making abilities, innovative to generate new ideas and able to lead a team of rotating equipment engineers, technicians and craftsmen.
2. Knowledgeable with international standards, petroleum / petrochemical plant materials and static and rotating equipment.
3. Experienced in rotating equipment maintenance work control and planning.
4. Understood the operate and utilize CMMS (computerised maintenance management system, such as SAP or Maximo)
5. Responsible for providing services, supervising and training the less experienced engineers in the group
6. Experienced in maintaining rotating equipment or mechanical control and planning
7. Lead role in tracking Maintenance performance, including resource / manpower utilization, cost of R&M and SD and TA execution, as well as initiating appropriate actions based on the findings.
8. Coach / Mentor maintenance supervision on best practices for maintenance management activities and processes. Provide direction for the training programs conducted for maintenance technicians and craftsmen.
9. Perform root-cause analysis technique of rotating equipment
10. Provide supervisory and technical advice on the disassembling and assembling of various types and sizes of mechanical equipment and related components (pumps, Compressor, Steam Turbines, Air Blowers, Gearboxes ,Fans, extruders, etc)
11. Provide guidance and advice on diagnosis of parts, sizes and clearances of equipment and its related components
12. Provide detailed plan and maintenance activity of daily maintenance plan for rotating equipment and system
13. Ability of instructing or guiding overhauling work of standard rotating machine/equipment in accordance to international standards
14. Ability of instructing or guiding overhaul inspection work of standard parts of mechanical seal, gland packing, speed changer and speed reducer or rotor unbalance, and reciprocating compressor components
1. University's degree in mechanical engineering or in machinery or equivalent
2. Min 10-year experiences maintenance in petroleum / petrochemical plant or equivalent position. Candidate must have held a supervisory position with 6 -10 subordinates reporting for a minimum period of 3 years
3. Experience in development and implementation of Maintenance Rotating Equipment Engineering
- organization skills, time management and planning skills - Self-motivated. Leadership qualities.. - Strong interpersonal and coaching, counseling /mentoring skills. - Ability to work in and with multi-cultural work environment. - Good communications skills (oral and written) - Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with drive, energy and enthusiasm.
1. High level of understanding of critical maintenance activities, i.e.; rotating mechanical equipment repairs, piping, welding, and etc
2. Understanding of Petrochemical /Refining best practices for Turnaround / Shutdown planning and execution
3. Good command English skills TOEIC 450
4. Good report writing and presentation skills