- Lead and direct the Internal Audit function ·
- Implement and execute the risk assessment framework. Identify changes in internal and external environments that will impact risk profile and audit work.
- Coordinate regional or divisional process.
- Interpret results for site/division and report to management.
- Look for trends or potential future issues. ·
- Coordinate activities with external auditors. · ·
- Manage audit and independent appraisal activity with the organization, with the appropriate analysis and recommendations to improve business performance. ·
- Follow up on identified issues and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are taken in response to audit findings and recommendations. ·
- Conduct annual risk and fraud assessments based on input from management, external auditors and external factors for the development of an annual audit plan.
- Lead all processes and procedures for SOX compliance
- Lead all processes and procedures for Trade compliance
- Perform Financial projects
- Strategic Planning - Review impact of information on business and understand medium and long-term implications - Determine next steps and actions - Communicate actions to organization and any concerns/issues to senior management - Ensure results are in compliance wit - Ensure strategic plan is realistic but also a stretch for the organization. Review plan for any potential issues - Develop strategies, plans and controls to minimize risk.
- Responsible for maintaining all accounting records and others systems for internal control.
- Organize work processes, methods and procedures; establish and monitor controls to evaluate unit performance.
- Ensure all tasks are assigned and performed on time. Prioritize time to focus on biggest issues
- Review the internal accounting controls of the division to ensure compliance with corporate, SEC and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate and inspire integrity. Anticipate questions, issues and challenges from management, external audit, etc. Avoid financial surprises.
- Anticipate questions and challenges. Stay current with requirements. Keep management informed of any issues or gaps.
- Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where needed.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation's Code of Business Ethics and Values.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations.
- Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy and team operating plan.
- The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related education.
* 5+ years accounting or related experience with 3 years supervisory experience preferred.
* Strong background in internal control (SOX process) and financial project.
* Effective managerial skills.
* Strong analytical skills and knowledge of GAAP.
* Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office and function specific software.
* Knowledge of applicable state, federal and tax laws.
- * Strong communication, presentation and project management skills