Job Overview/About Company:
- The role of a Lead social compliance assessor is to critically assess the environmental, health & safety, and labor conditions for workers in manufacturing settings across industries. Lead assessor will be expected to lead an audit team and delegate tasks to team auditors for reaching an audit conclusion; other essential duties are outlined in the following section.
- Lead assessor is expected to meet Key Performance Targets related to report turnaround time and report quality.
- Adhere to all company policies relating to integrity and confidentiality of information.
- Undertake social compliance assessments based on Company social compliance assessment procedures and specific client expectations outlined in Field Instruction (FI);
- Lead an audit team and delegate task to team auditors for reaching an audit conclusion;
- Deliver quality report according to Company and client protocols and timelines;
- Deep understanding of Company social compliance assessment procedures, local labor laws, management systems audit expectations;
- Support on new auditor onsite training and calibration;
- Other assignments as needed.
- Education and work experience: The individual will have successfully completed a level of secondary education or have incurred enough work experience to fulfill all of the expectations for Company auditors.
- Legal and industry knowledge: The individual will have detailed knowledge of international, national and local laws and standards that apply to labor compliance. The individual will also possess awareness of prevalent issues in the region that require sensitivity, or further investigation.
- Auditing knowledge: The individual will have the ability to competently undertake processes specific to supplier compliance assessments, including but not limited to conducting sensitive and confidential worker interviews, reviewing worker records, and performing wage tests and calculations.
- Local language and cultural awareness: The individual should be a fluent speaker and reader of the language(s) used by managers, administrators and workers of the site being assessed. (Under circumstances where the individual’s skills are limited, the individual will communicate effectively through an interpreter.) The individual must also be familiar with the applicable culture(s) and customs.
- English proficiency: The individual will have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Integrity: We expect integrity, good attitude and maturity
- Undergo Company Auditor Screening: prior to hire.
- Add on criteria for lead assessor:
- 2+ years auditing experiences;
- 3+ years working experience;
- Certified by at least one of the industry initiatives, such as ICTI, BSCI, RBA, SA8000, WRAP, ISO etc.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good English