- Manage and ensure a smooth running of the Brand, Digital and Trade Marketing operations within the category.
- Brands: TEMPO, Dr P by TENA, DRYPERS, others
- Develop and deliver effective marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness through various touchpoints both ATL and BTL..
- Leads in category strategy development in support of company’s business and brand objectives. Creating marketing campaigns and strategies, as well as online marketing and social media strategy.
- Drive all integrated category plans within dept functions.
- Annual Marketing Plan
- Communication Plan e.g.: 360 plan
- Media Plan
- Sampling Plan
- Consumer Promotion Plan inclusive of national consumer promotions, channelized or customized.
- Consumer Relationship & Retention Plan
- Retailer program
- Digital Plan i.e. internet, brand website, social networks, mobile, email.
- Ensure that Trade Marketing provide regular Channel insights and Shoppers Trend to support Sales in driving effective execution of the channel plan across Modern Trade, General Trade & E comm include PG management
- Developing a pricing strategy that maximizes profits and market share but considers customer satisfaction.
- Ensure team’s adherence to the brand’s platform and expression guidelines as well as work with Brand Strategies to drive revision of brand platform whenever need arise.
- Responsible to give overview of category and business performance during Qtrly Business Reviews and Annual Business Planning.
Consumer, competitive and market analysis
- Analyze research results (if any) and any other relevant competitors/consumers/category trends to identify issues and opportunities. Based on the analysis, develop action plans or strengthen the marketing mix or assortment to achieve the brand and business objectives.
- Drive profound consumer understanding to develop concepts that can better address consumers’ needs and attitude in our products, services or communications.
- Guide and add value to the team in analyzing and drawing insights from all available data and how it impact the business moving forward.
- Drive competitors’ analysis with the team on a quarterly basis or on need basis for any change in plans or preemptive actions.
Partnership with Agencies
- Responsible for efficient relationship with all agencies’ partners ie creative, media, promotion, PR, event agencies, agencies contracts, agencies remuneration package and KPIs
- Support and manage agency pitch process with appointed agency (where relevant) and key stakeholders.
- Manages and maximizes total category budgets, continuously aiming for improved efficiencies and cost savings while maintaining budget effectiveness to achieve objectives and plan.
- A&P - track and monitor actual spend against budget for each of the marketing activities to ensure spend within A&P budget allocated
- Be the key liaison with SEA Innovation marketing team for marketing, channel, category, competitors, consumers understanding
Cross functional collaboration
- Build a healthy collaborative relationship between SEA Innovation marketing, marketing (Export) and Sales team.
- Drive collaboration with other dept which have an impact to the marketing strategies or execution of plans include go-to-market plan for new categories.
- Research & Product Development- Innovation Marketing Dept
- Supply Chain Management & Operations /Manufacturing- Demand & Supply dept
- Sales Team, marketing (Export) & distributors
- Drive product development to ensure product’s relevance and continuous appeal to the consumers including performance, price, pack count, packaging design requirements (eg: colour, visuals, info on pack, type of packaging) and brand name.
- Provide advise on packaging & label information adherence to Vietnam law.
Management & leadership
- Build and maintain a high performance and creative culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff.
- Manage assigned projects, priorities work and balance strategic and tactical issues.
- Provides clear leadership that establishes credibility with key stakeholders and promote and foster a team’s culture consistent with company’s values.
- Ensure development of existing team and oversee recruitment of appropriate skilled staff for new positions as and when required.
- Guide, train and motivate direct reports to ensure continuous individual growth and advancement
- Establish appropriate KPIs for staff in line with company’s business and brand objectives.
- Develop and manage improvement initiatives including way of working/processes within category.
Educational/professional qualifications required
- Preferably Degree holder in Business / Marketing / Management disciplines
- At least 8-10 years working experience within FMCG or personal care industry with strong marketing background
- At least 4-5 years in a leadership / middle management position
- Exposure to leading partnerships with external agencies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the local media environment
- Highly analytical with the ability to guide department in going thru’ complex data and coming out with consumer, category, channel insights.
- Experience with creating a marketing campaign, marketing strategy, and marketing plan.
- Experience with Digital marketing, including social media, and content marketing.
- Strong business management, effective teamwork with all parties concern, strong initiative follow-thru, good communication and listening skill and command of selling processes.
- Experience with Execution Focus – very hands on to develop, motivate and enhance the skills and in leading a team. Has ability to remove obstacles from the team.