Impact on the Business/Function:
- Have primary responsibility for execution of Local financial reporting, operational/transactional accounting, accounting policy and/or close process of a country
- Deliver a reliable and well-controlled General Ledger process under Group requirements
- Build up Local financial reporting strategy, and executes financial reporting strategy and policies for country while ensuring all deadlines are achieved
- Provide accounting advice to support accounting for major business transaction events such as new product introduction, asset transfers, etc.
- Be responsible for reviewing and monitoring adequacy of internal control over financial reporting
- Support Financial Controller to implements business and change management strategy in Local reporting area,
- Support Financial controller to manage the development, collation and reporting of domain specific and globally required key performance indicators, scorecards and other key metrics for scope of responsibility
- Assist Financial Controller to manages resources allocated to business and change management for country
- Contributes to the planning and execution of audits (internal and external)
- Be responsible for the implementation of effective control/risk/compliance management mechanisms within scope of responsibility
- Other finance teams who use financial results under local accounting standard for the purpose of managing prudential ratios, tax reporting and declaration.
- Senior management who request for financial information for the purpose of managing, forecast and decision making.
- Other departments in the bank who request for advice in accounting treatment for new products/services/daily operational activities or financial information for the purpose of managing, forecast and decision making.
- The main external customers/stakeholder are local regulators (The State bank of Vietnam, Ministry of Finance, Deposit Insurance of Vietnam, National financial supervision commission of Vietnam) who issue regulations, laws which govern banking activities, supervise and inspect the bank’s operational activities and financial results.
- Independence auditors (PwC) who provide the audit of financial statements of the bank.
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Collaborate effectively with other teams in Finance and other functions to generate desired deliverables
- Develops and implement efficiencies across scope of responsibilities
- Develops, retains and motivates high quality team
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Support Financial Controller to determine the proper accounting policy and application of relevant policies. Ensure an effective internal process and operation environment within the team
- Support the team in compliance to accounting policies and control
- Mitigate compliance risk and operational loss, any foresee breach should be reported to Senior management
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or international accounting certificate.
- At least 5 years working in finance function of banking industry with good system knowledge. Subject matter expertise in financial accounting and reporting. Understands and anticipates strategic implications from financial accounting. A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around financial accounting procedures, controls, risk management and quality assurance.
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organization. Able to influence without authority. Communication in both Vietnamese and English and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally.