Finding the Right Balance of Technology and Personalization is Critical To Attracting Top Talent
Vietnam, 19th March 2018 – According to the latest survey of ManpowerGroup Solutions: “Swipe Right: Candidate Technology Preferences During the Job Search”(*), Technology combined with a personal approach is the top priority for job seekers.
Based on the fresh insight from more than 14,000 people in 19 countries about application preferences the survey provides practical steps employers can take to attract and retain right-skilled workers in digital age.
According to the survey, 52% of global candidates would now like to use mobile apps to apply for jobs from their smartphones. Young people nowadays prefer using apps for doing things in their life. A survey from ComScore shows that 90 percent of consumers’ mobile time is spent using online apps. Convenience is a driving factor because the smartphone liberates the job search experience from a desktop, empowering candidates to search from a café, bus or mountain top.
However, the gap between interest and usage of smartphone for application is huge: 52% of global candidates who would like to use apps to search and apply for jobs versus 9% of those who actually do. There is the fact that the adoption of recruiting technology is light years behind consumer marketing technology. Many employers lag behind in making even the first step: to create websites that are mobile friendly.
The survey also reveal that It is not surprising that the group most interested in applying to jobs via smartphone apps is Millennials, 18-34 years old (64 %). Besides, candidates who use or would prefer to use a mobile app to search and apply for jobs also display a level of independence, they are significantly more likely to be willing to move to a new city for a new job opportunity (30%) or country (31%). Candidates who prefer apps on mobile phones also gravitate towards technology platforms as a source of credible information about a company’s brand, approximately 15 percent of them rely on employer review sites or on social networks for information about a company’s brand.
In Vietnam, up to 84% of the population in the key cities are using smartphone (**).There are 22.5 million people in the rural area using Facebook app on smartphone versus and 23.5 million using the apps in urban area.
Therefore, most businesses in Vietnam have not yet utilized the technology platform to attract candidates. This is especially true for unskilled labor, which accounts for most of the total workforce in Vietnam, because not every worker has a laptop or desktop computer but instead can own the small smartphones.
In “Swipe Right: Candidate Technology Preferences During the Job Search”: ManpowerGroup shares eight practical recommendations for employers including:
• Be smart about the smartphone. Mobile applications may increase the amount of applications employers receive but organizations will achieve the right fit for the role through a personalized and candidate centric approach.
• Look beyond traditional HR platforms and apps. It is easier to meet candidates where they already are rather than insisting they try something new. This is the strategy behind the recent use of WhatsApp and Viber for recruiting. Although not designed specifically for recruiting, these apps are used by millions of young people; including students and potential candidates. They can be very effective for reaching Millennials and the coming Gen Z.
• Let a bot be a bot. The technology that an employer uses (or does not use) at every stage of the recruitment life cycle sends a powerful message about an organization and its values to candidates. Chatbots should be an extension of an employer brand and be open and transparent that they are bots. They should complement not replace human interaction.
(*) Swipe Right: Candidate Technology Preferences During the Job Search. For more information, please visit: manpowergroupsolutions.com/candidatepreferences
(**) Smartphone Insight Report from Nielsen Vietnam
ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN) is the world's workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for 70 years. We connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2018, ManpowerGroup was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the eighth consecutive year and one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry. See how ManpowerGroup makes powering the world of work humanly possible:www.manpowergroup.com.
About ManpowerGroup Vietnam
Established in 2008 in Vietnam with two (02) offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, ManpowerGroup Vietnam is the first 100% FDI Company in the resource consulting market providing comprehensive consulting solutions in a wide variety of areas and as a strategic partner. The Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs.
We provide comprehensive human resources solutions such as:
• Talent Driven Outsourcing
• Recruitment and Assessment
• Talent and Career Management
For more information please contact:
Ms. Nguyen Dinh Hoang Yen
Marketing and PR Manager
Tel: +84 28 3911 0950 (ext. 154)
DĐ: +84 903 808 175